Summer is in full swing, and our freezers are stocked with gelato to help us cope with the heat. Why not put your freezers full of Joe Delucci’s premium gelato to good use with these three vegan dessert recipes! Joe Delucci’s vegan gelato provides each of these vegan dessert recipes with an abundance of flavour and an unparalleled creamy texture that is so good, you won’t believe you’re eating vegan gelato! These crowd-pleasing desserts are beginner friendly, easy to assemble and look very impressive when served to friends of family.
Overnight Mint Choc Chip Ice Cream Cake
Say goodbye to eggs and dairy, and hello to this deluccious ice cream cake! We’ve opted for our famous Mint Choc Chip gelato for this recipe to add extra taste and texture to the recipe. However, this recipe works with any of our creamy vegan gelato options – the choice is yours!
What You’ll Need
- Joe Delucci’s Vegan Mint Choc Chip Gelato
- All purpose flour (375g)
- Cocoa powder (45g)
- Sugar (400g)
- Baking soda (2 teaspoons)
- Salt (half a teaspoon)
- Apple cider vinegar (2 tablespoons)
- Sunflower oil (150ml)
- Water (500ml)
- A vegan frosting of your choice
- Prepare your oven at 180C and set aside two eight-inch cake pans (don’t forget to grease them!)
- Mix your dry ingredients together in a bowl before adding your wet ingredients. Combine until you create a thick batter
- Spread your batter across your cake tins and pop in your pre-heated oven for 30 minutes: you’ll know they’re ready when you insert a knife into the centre of the sponge and it comes out clean
- Remove your cakes from the oven once cooked and set aside to cool to room temperature. While you wait for your cakes to cool, get your Joe Delucci’s gelato out of the freezer and allow it to soften slightly
- Grab another eight-inch cake pan and line with cling film before depositing a generous layer of your softened Joe Delucci’s gelato into the pan. Place this back in the freezer until firm again – it is best to do this overnight
- Assemble your creation by placing a layer of vegan frosting on top of one of your sponge layers, followed by your ice cream layer. This frosting allows your ice cream and sponge layers to adhere better. Spread another layer of frosting on top of your ice cream before adding your second sponge on top.
- Pop back in the freezer for another half hour and voila! You’ve just mastered the perfect ice cream cake!
When iced coffee just isn’t enough, indulge in this quick and easy vegan Mocha Sundae recipe! With exquisite vegan dark chocolate gelato from Joe Delucci’s, as well as the rich taste of coffee, this dessert is sure to provide you with a sweet caffeine boost you can’t resist on a hot summer’s day.
What You’ll Need
- Joe Delucci’s Vegan Dark Chocolate Gelato
- Cashew nuts (80g)
- Bananas (3, frozen)
- Almond butter (3 tablespoons)
- Instant coffee (1 tablespoon)
- Vegan milk of your choice (125ml)
- Place your cashews into a blender and blend until small granules form
- Add your preferred vegan milk, such as almond, coconut or soya, to the cashews and continue to blend until smooth
- Next, add your frozen bananas, instant coffee and almond butter and blend again until smooth
- Place into a bowl before adding a generous scoop of Joe Delucci’s vegan dark chocolate gelato
- Top with whatever you like – we enjoy serving this with vegan whipped cream, a sprinkling of cashews or even some caramel sauce for added sweetness
Pina Colada Milkshake
Treat your tastebuds to a well-earned vacation with this deluccious Pina Colada milkshake! Perfect with or without a splash of alcohol, this refreshing drink puts our famous vegan coconut gelato front-and-centre.
What You’ll Need
- Joe Delucci’s Vegan Coconut Gelato
- Pineapple chunks in juice (one small tin)
- Cream of coconut (55ml)
- Coconut milk (55ml)
- Rum of your choice (add to taste, optional)
- This recipe couldn’t be easier! Grab all of your ingredients and simply place them in your blender and blend until smooth. For a more viscous milkshake, add another scoop of your Joe Delucci’s vegan coconut gelato
- For an alcoholic kick, add your rum of choice to taste. Alternatively, garnish with a cherry or some coconut flakes
Explore Joe Delucci’s Vegan Gelato
From zesty sorbets to vegan-versions of your favourite flavours, Joe Delucci’s gelato is the premium choice for anyone looking to create vegan dessert recipes that truly stand out. Whether you’re hoping to upgrade your hotel’s dessert offerings, looking for an authentic Italian gelato brand to supply your restaurant, or simply want to explore the variety of options available at Joe Delucci’s, make sure to fill out the form below.